Followers

Friday, December 24, 2010

a gentle holiday reflection on being a dad

I love being a dad.  For me, there is no higher purpose.  For my children to know that I love them beyond all measure, that I respect who they are, and would do anything to anchor their happiness and joy in this life is my grandest desire.

As it is the time for the giving of gifts in this most festive season of the year, I ever wish to bestow upon my wonderful children, Maia and Ian, the warmth of my boundless love for them, the resonating joy in my heart when I am around or think of them, the steady strength of my hands to guide and support them, and the admiring twinkle in my eye reflecting their beauty and awesomeness right back at them!  What a blessing life has given me in the sweetness of these little ones!  I love you Maia and Ian!

Merry Christmas 2010
Love,
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful father, my son, and I love you very much!!

    Your mother.

    ReplyDelete